Thursday, January 14, 2010
Left handed person???
I am a left handed person which means my right brain is dominant than the other side. Which also means that I am more into artistic nature such as writing and day-dreaming to name few.
About 10% of the world’s population is left-handed. There is a genetic component that determines right versus left-hand dominance, and it’s called the LRRTM1 gene. People with this gene are more likely to be lefties.
Throughout the ages, many lefties or southpaws had significantly influenced our world although they only consist of 7-10 % of world's population. Among others these are my favourites (regardless of the chronology):
• Albert Einstein (famous for his Theory of Relativity and mass-energy equivalence, E=mc2)
• Bill Gates (American business magnate, philanthropist and chairman of Microsoft).
• Wolfgang A. Mozart (prolific and influential composer of the classical era)
• Leonardo Da Vinci (a scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, painter, sculptor, architect, botanist, musician and writer) a true genius.
• Alexander The Great (was one of the most successful military commanders in history, and is presumed undefeated in battle).
• Marie Curie (a pioneer physicist and chemist in the field of radioactivity, a nobel prizes winner and the first female professor at the University of Paris).
• Kurt Cobain (a famous American musician).
• Pablo Picasso (one of the most recognized figures in twentieth-century art)
• Billy The Kid (was a famous 19th century American frontier outlaw and gunman who was a participant in the Lincoln County War).
• Julius Caesar (Roman military and political leader that played a major role in transformation of Roman Republic into Roman Empire).
• Winston Churchill (was a British politician known chiefly for his leadership of the United Kingdom during World War II).
• Pele (the greatest footballer of all time).
• Charlie Chaplin (one of the most famous actors as well as a notable filmmaker, composer and musician in the early to mid Hollywood cinema era).
• Robert De Niro (American film actor, director, and producer).
• Marilyn Monroe (was an American actress, singer and film producer. She won a Golden Globe Award, and in 1999 was ranked as the sixth greatest female star of all time by the American Film Institute).
• Nicole Kidman (she was the highest-paid actress in the motion picture industry in 2006).
• Jimmi Hendrix (my rock icon).
• Neil Armstrong (the first person to set foot on the moon).
• Buzz Aldrin (the second man to set foot on the moon).
• JF Kennedy (35th president of USA).
All these men and women had contributed significantly to the world in their own fields and expertise. To me, they are the symbol of great mind of the left handed people. Hail to them.....
me! ~proud to be left handed person~
when people look at me
it what in side they dont see
they judge me from what they hear
but ive been threw thangs they couldnt even bare
all they do is talk sh*t